Do you and your group know the latest restrictions
Please visit gov.uk/coronavirus to review the latest government information regarding Covid-19. It is your responsibility to make sure your group is compliant with the law at all times. If you need to amend your booking we ask that you contact firstname.lastname@example.org
It is impossible for us as an agency to know who is related to who and from what household, therefore by booking and arriving at the property you are agreeing to be familiar with all the latest restrictions and abide by the law at all times.
Before You Go
Are you and the rest of your party fit to travel?
Please visit gov.uk/coronavirus to review the latest government information regarding Covid-19. If you or any of your party develop or have any symptoms of Covid-19 within 10 days of your holiday or receive a track and trace alert you must inform us straight away or at least 48 hours before you go by emailing email@example.com Please also inform us if this occurs within the last 48 hours before departing for your holiday. You will need to check your travel insurance regarding their cancellation guidelines.
No refunds or postponements would be offered if you have to cancel due to being contacted by track and trace or if you or a member in your group tested positive or had to self-isolate. We insist you take out your own travel insurance to cover you in the event of you having to cancel due to these reasons – we do not provide this.
Has your car has been sat on your driveway or limited to short journeys over the past few months? A full check of tyres, water, oil etc. would be advisable before setting off on any long journeys. If you don’t already have roadside assistance this is another worthwhile consideration.
Checklist - Essential items to take with you
When travelling on holiday during a pandemic, we have listed below some items you may wish to take with you.
- Face masks - useful if you are visiting any popular tourist attractions, where the volume of people might make it difficult to social distance. Fabric masks should be washed each day so you may need to think about packing a few if you are planning regular days out.
- Hand sanitiser - for when out and about, where it may not be possible to wash your hands.
- Disinfectant wipes
- First aid kit - including Paracetamol and a thermometer.
- Picnic blanket
- Wind break or markers - if you are concerned about social distancing, then a wind break or similar may help guide small children to a ‘safe’ zone.
- Tickets / advance bookings - if you are planning to visit a local attraction, you may need to book in advance while entrance numbers are reduced, to allow social distancing. Please check before you leave and if possible book your slot in advance.
- Card and board games, DVDs, books, scavenger hunts and more - you may want to think about a few games to enjoy at your holiday home. If you have visited the property previously and there have been games, DVDs and books, these may have been removed for your safety.
- Oven gloves – some properties do not provide these.
- Hot Tub Towels – We recommend bringing your own towels if using the hot tub, these are not provided. ( where they are available an additional charge may apply on arrival )
- Towels - you may want to consider bringing your own towels and tea towels, these are normally included unless otherwise stated.
- Pillows and pillow cases - you may want to consider bringing your own pillow and pillowcases (these will still be provided but you may prefer to use your own.)
- Clothes detergent - you may want to wash items such as your face masks frequently whilst away.
- Food – All properties are self-catering, however we do offer chefs 3 course meals, afternoon tea, pizza nights and much much more - if you would like to add on any catering services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bin bags - although the property owner will leave you a couple of bin bags, they will not necessarily know how much rubbish you will accumulate during your stay, so best to be on the safe side.
- Pets - if the holiday home is pet friendly and you are bringing your dog along, please remember to bring the bed, blankets and towels as well as their food and water bowls. You may want to consider bringing throws for the furniture. We ask all guests to pick up after there dog and leave the garden / outside area as found. Please note: Just because a property is pet friendly – does not mean to say the garden is secure. It is your responsibility for the safety of your pet while staying at the property.
With the additional cleaning requirements that our owners are undertaking, your check-in and check-out times may have changed - please check your latest communications from us for the most up to date times.
Decorations – Please do not stick any decorations to any of the walls, Sellotape and blue-tack leave marks. Please do not use confetti as this causes additional time cleaning - which may have to be charged.
The dishwasher –Where practical and possible use the dishwasher on an appropriate temperature setting.
Waste and bins – Ensure all rubbish and waste is disposed of properly in secured bags and left in the location advised by the owner.
Returning to the property after a day out –Wash your hands for 20 seconds – every time you come back to the property.
Guests –You are not permitted to invite additional guests back to the property, if any additional guests arrive, your booking maybe cancelled and you maybe asked to leave. No refunds for an early departure would be made and the security deposit maybe withheld, and additional charges may apply.
Pets – You must ask if the cottage is pet friendly, please do not bring any pets unless this has been confirmed. If you take a pet to a property that does not allow pets then you may be asked to leave and no refund of the security deposit would be made.
Children – Please supervise young children at all times while at the property – inside and outside. Check the property garden
Hot Tub – If you are pregnant you should not use the hot tub, for all other guests no longer than 15/20 mins should be spend in the hot tub at any one time. Please check hot tub times as some properties have restrictions on the times allowed. If you feel the water in the hot tub is dirty, please do not enter, contact the owner/caretaker to take a look and check the chemical levels. Children should be supervised at all times in the hot tub and young children/infants should not use the hot tub.
Breaking the law – If any guests while staying at the property are found to be in breach of the law, you maybe asked to leave. No refunds would be offered if you had to leave due to a breach in not complying with the law.
Damage – If you accidentally damage anything, please report this to the owner / caretaker straight away. This maybe deducted from your security deposit. If the damage is in excess of the security deposit then the owner/celebration cottages may invoice you directly for amy amount which exceeds this. The owners reserve the right to always press criminal charges for any criminal damage.
Complaint – issue at the property – Please inform the owner straight away of any issue at the property, please allow the owner/caretaker access to the property to try and resolve any issue. Please social distance. You must then also inform Celebration Cottages of any issues within 24 hours after your stay. Please note: you must have reported any issues at the time with the owner and given all opportunity to allow the owner to help.
Activities booked – No 3rd party suppliers can attend any of our properties unless booked via Celebration Cottages. Any breach in these rules, you may be asked to leave the accommodation and risk losing your security deposit paid.
Enjoying your activity – Keeping safe If you or any member of your group has any allergies or any health concerns, this must be mentioned on the day to the 3rd party supplier direct before engaging in any activity - you may have mentioned this to our events coordinator, but it is your responsibility to mention this to the supplier direct to confirm they do know of any food allergies or health reasons which may effect an activity or catering option.
Problem with an activity – if you have booked an activity and there is a problem, please report the problem to the activity provider at the time and allow the activity provider to rectify the situation. If the problem cannot be resolved or you require assistance or to make a complaint please email email@example.com
Covid-19 - If anyone begins to show symptoms of Covid 19 – whilst staying at the property, you must inform the property owner immediately and email firstname.lastname@example.org , you should request a test gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or alternatively call 111 for advice. Please self-isolate whilst you are waiting for the results, ( or return home to self-isolate if your holiday has come to an end ) if the result is positive you should return home immediately to your own main residence to self-isolate, using your own private transport if this is reasonably possible, you also need to show us a copy of your results. If for any reason making the journey home is not possible, you will be liable to cover the cost of any bookings that have to be cancelled as a result and all costs associated with this. If this is at one of our popular houses for large groups with activities booked, this could be in excess of £6000 per 1 or 2 day booking. If there is no booking at the property then you would be charged based on the normal price of the holiday let for that period.
If anyone in your party has breathing difficulties or their life is potentially at risk, please seek help immediately by calling 999.
Before You Depart
Please ensure that the property is left in the same condition that you found it.
Please remove all food from the cupboards and fridge before you leave.
Please ensure all dishes are washed and put away. If possible put the dishwasher (where appropriate) on the night before and empty.
On the day of departure, please take all linen from the beds, including sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers and mattress protectors. Please leave all linen and towels in the laundry bin or bag if provided or in a pile in the bathroom.
Return keys to the key safe or place specified by the owner.
We hope you enjoy your holiday. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.