A Short History of Bingo
The bingo game we play today originally started as "beano". We can trace its history to the mid-1500s, and it was calledLo Giuoco del Lotto D’Italiaor the Italian Lottery. The version that was played back then was very similar to what we are playing now. The players printed cards with numbers inside squares. The winning numbers were drawn out of a sack. The game eventually made its way to France, and it was in France that a new version was created. In this new version, the cards had three rows and nine columns. Each slot had a number between 0 and 90. These arrangements were random, but the way the numbers were drawn remain the same. In this version, the winner is the first person who crosses out the numbers in one horizontal row. By the 1900s, the game beano was already brought to America and became one of the favorite games in local carnivals. The game methodology adopted the French style, and they had to mark their cards with beans. It was during this period that a man named Edwin S. Lowe was inspired to create his own version, and it is in one of the games he hosted that a man screamed "Bingo!" when he completed a winning pattern. From then on, the name Bingo got stuck, so that is how the game is called until today.
Equipment Used in Bingo Games
There isn’t much equipment used in bingo. But as time went on, technology was involved to ensure that the numbers drawn were random, and that the host was not rigging the game.
The first equipment is the set of cards that the players buy. These are also called tickets. The prizes of each card vary, and they depend on the jackpot prize. The more expensive the card, the higher the jackpot prize.
The standard card is a flat cardboard that is split between five columns and five rows, making each card have 25 squares. On each square is a random number, and typical numbers are from 1 to 75. Each column has a letter, and all these letters comprise the name B-I-N-G-O.
The centre of the card is marked as a free space, which means it has not numbered and that it is already a marked space. Normally, a number can only appear in one column. In most bingo cards, column B only has numbers 1 to 15, column I only has numbers 16 to 30, and so on.
Despite these rules, the randomness of the number of positions has a significant impact on the number of possible card combinations. With the set-up mentioned earlier, the possible number of cards that can be created is more than a septillion.
Balls or Numbers
The numbers are usually printed on flat plastic discs. If the bingo game is a 75-ball, then there are 75 discs, each containing a number and a letter. So if the caller picked B10, the player would look at his cards if he can find the number 10 under any column B.
The caller cannot see these discs to ensure he picks a random number. Also, each disc must have a letter to make it easy for players to look for the number in their cards. Even if the numbers 1 to 15 can only be found in B, it will be difficult for players to remember that, and they may start looking for number 15 in column I. As a caller says B15, players know that it can only be found under column B, and therefore focus their attention to that and then progress the game faster.
Today, free bingo games online use balls. The numbers are printed on balls like lottery numbers. These balls are placed in a machine that has a tube. The machine has an air vacuum that agitates these balls and makes them fly. And then this vacuum sucks a random ball inside the tube. The ball that comes out of the tube is the one that the caller shouts out.
Common Bingo Terms
As a new player, you may not be familiar with the terminologies used in this game. Here are some of the most common ones to help you get familiarized with them.
- Ready – this means a player only needs one number to create a pattern to win. The other terms used for this are "waiting", "cased", "down", "chance", and "shot".
- Breaking the Bubble – this means that there is a minimum number of balls before a winning pattern is met. If the winning pattern requires five numbers under a column, then the number of balls you need is five. Some bingo games only require four. This term is also sometimes called "possible".
- Jumping the Gun – this refers to players who call out "Bingo!" even if they do not really have a winning combination. This is also called a "premature bingo" and can cause an embarrassment to a player who made a mistake. Also, some players scream "Bingo!" because the next number on the screen is going to give them a winning combination. The rule, however, states that this number must be called or announced by the caller.
- Wild Numbers – these are the numbers that were called out even before the game started. Players can mark their cards, like as if these are bonus numbers to help them win easily.
- Standard – these are the numbers whose ending is the same with the second digit of the first called number. If the first called number is 26, the second digit of that is 6, so all other numbers ending in 6 are now considered called number. Players can mark their cards if they have these numbers, and they can meet the winning patterns more easily.
- Forwards or backwards – the numbers beginning with the wild number is considered a called number. If the first ball, which is the wild, ends with a 3, all numbers beginning or ending with 3 is a called number and payers can mark their cards. The exceptions are numbers 8, 9, and 0 because there are no numbers that begin with these numbers. In this case, a new number will be drawn.
- False Alarm – this is another term used if someone yells "Bingo!" but he does not have a winning combination or pattern. Some players also stamp or mark the wrong numbers. Some also believe they created a winning pattern, but that pattern is not a recognized bingo win. This term is also called "bongo".
- Hard Way Bingo – this is a pattern that requires a straight line without using the free space found in the middle. What this means is that you cannot win with the column N, and you cannot win with the third horizontal line.
- Reach – in some bingo rooms, players scream "Reach!" if they are only missing one number to create a winning bingo pattern.
Types of Bingo Games
The most common types of bingo games free to play online have something to do with the number of balls. Some have 75, some have 80, and some have 90. But these variants do not end there. There are also differences between the winning patterns, the number of players who can win, and other things.
Bingo U-Pick Them
In this bingo online free no download variant, you get to choose the numbers that appear on your card. You buy the ticket with empty slots, and then you select what numbers are on each column. There are rules here, like no doubling of numbers on each column.
When you play bingo online free with this variant, only 15 players can join. Each player will have numbers 1 to 15, and the player’s goal is to have five numbers on the first column of the card. Other formations or patterns on their columns do not constitute a win.
There are other bingo variants out there. Today, with the use of technology, there are variants that mix and match different styles and different gameplays. Those that require a difficult way to win often also give bigger jackpots. If you are just starting out, maybe you should try the simple ones where it is easier to win. The jackpot is lower, but you have better chances in forming a winning pattern.
Winning Patterns in Bingo Games
There are many winning patterns when you play bingo online. Some are vertical, some are horizontal, and there is a variant where a diagonal line is a winning pattern. Here are the top 10 bingo patterns used internationally in different bingo rooms:
- Single Line – in this pattern, you must be able to mark five numbers on a horizontal, diagonal, or vertical straight line. This is the most common pattern, and you need to call the attention of the host or house once you have formed one.
- Two-Line – on this pattern, you must be the first player to form two lines from different columns on a single ticket or card. The lines can be vertical, horizontal, or diagonal. What’s important is that the two lines are on a single card only.
- Full House – here, you must be able to mark off all the numbers on a single card. The prize for this is much higher as it is one of the most difficult patterns to cover.
- Four Corners – this requires that you mark off the four numbers found at the corners of your card. You need to be the first player to meet this, and the four corners must be on the same card.
- X Pattern – in this winning combination, your marked numbers must form an X on the card. What this means is that you must have two diagonal lines. One starts in column B and the other starts from Column O.
- Top, Middle, and Bottom – this winning pattern requires that you cross out three horizontal lines. One should be the top line, the second is the middle line, and the last is the bottom line. You cannot win this anymore if another player beats you to it.
- Outside Edge – in this pattern, you must cross or mark off all the numbers on the edge of your card. There is a total of 16 numbers, and you must have this pattern on a single card. If you are the only winner, then you get the full prize. But if there are two of you at the end of the game, your prize will be shared.
- Any Four – this is a little complicated, and it is a rare pattern. Here, you must be able to mark off any four numbers on a single card without using the free space in the middle. This is a fast-paced bingo game, and there is no specific pattern to meet. For as long has a single card has four numbers called, you win.
- W Pattern – in here, the requirement is that you cross off all the numbers in column B, column O, and the fourth slot on column I, the free space in column N, and the fourth slot in column G. All these will form a letter W.
- One to Go – this is a consolation prize to players who have never formed a bingo pattern, but are only missing one digit.
Play Bingo Online for Free
To play online bingo for free, all you need to do is to find a demo website. Also, there are so many online casinos that offer their bingo games in demo mode. Some would require that you sign up for an account to be able to play, but you do not have to make a deposit.
Bingo online free games can be played on our website. Since there are so many variants, you can simply choose the one that you want to practice on, and then move on later to the paid games. On the free online bingo games, you will be given tickets, and you will be paying like as if you are getting real cash. This prepares you to learn how the real-cash games are played.
Online Bingo for Real Money
To play bingo with real cash, you can choose bingo games online from casinos that we recommend. There are many online sites that offer this, along with the lottery. Before you register, check out the games section of the casino website to ensure that bingo games are offered.
There are two types of bingo games to play offered in online casinos:
- The first one is live where the games are scheduled. You need to buy your tickets before the game starts. Once the game commences, you and other players around the world will be competing for the jackpot prize. The live versions also mean that there is a live host calling the numbers.
- The second variant is the game where you will be playing against a computer. Here, you can buy your tickets anytime and play against a computer. There is no schedule, and you are not exactly playing against other players. Some of these games are interlinked, so it is possible that a player can also join and win before you do.
To play bingo for free, you must register for an account, and then make sure that you have the means to deposit money into your casino account. You will need that money to pay for the tickets. You should also prepare identity documents and submit them to casino management. They will use it to verify your identity. You cannot withdraw your winnings unless you complete this process.
Tips for Bingo Game to Play Online
If you play online bingo, the good thing about it is that you do not have to figure out if you have won or not. The system will automatically announce you as a winner if your card fulfilled the requirements of the winning patterns.
Here are some tips to improve your winning chances and have a great bingo experience:
- Play for the right reasons – bingo is a game of chance; there is no element of skill involved. Make sure you know that you are playing for cash, and that your attitude towards it is just to have fun.
- Make sure the site is legit – read reviews about the online casino that offers it. Make sure that the casino is licensed and that it pays out the winners.
- Prepare your payment options – sometimes, the deposit option is different from the withdrawal options. Before you sign-up for an account, make sure you have both.
- Set a gambling limit – if you play for real money, only buy tickets that you can afford and stop if you lost for the day. Come back again another day and do not get tempted to buy new tickets if you already lost.
- Choose the right games – some bingos have 75 balls, while others have 80 and 90. Statistically, the chances of winning are bigger if fewer balls are involved. You should also choose bingo games that offer prizes to different patterns, not just one or a couple. If you can find a room where a consolation prize is offered, then it is better.
- Choose the right tickets – the right tickets are those that are adequately priced against the jackpot. It does not make sense paying $5 per card for a prize of $10. Ideally, the prize is at least 100 times the value of each card you bought.
- Play when there are few players – if there are a lot of players, more cards are distributed, and it is very likely that one of those cards will be able to form a winning pattern. Play when there are few players, so your chances of winning are better than if there are hundreds of players with you.
- Get a bonus – find an online bingo no deposit promo. Online casinos offer bonuses. Register in casinos that offer bonus money, so you have more money to buy tickets
- Understand the casino policies – if you get the bonus money, you must first understand that policies of the casino. On many websites, there is a limitation on the cost of the ticket you can buy with your bonus money.
Also, there are things called wagering requirement, which you have to meet before you can withdraw your winnings. If you fail to meet these, your winnings will be invalidated, and the casino will take them back.
Bingo is an exciting game because it is like playing the live lottery. There is always this feeling of anticipation, hoping that the next number is favorable to your card. One of the best things you have to do is to find a site where you can play free bingo games and practice first, then understand how the game works.
Some online games also have different features. In some games, you need to mark the cards yourself to make it virtually appealing, while others have computer systems that mark the card for you. And most importantly, play the game only for fun, even if you use real cash. Bingo is a game of chance, and if you play with the intent of making it a professional way to get money, the odds are not really in your favour.
What is the trick to winning bingo online? ›
- Buy multiple cards. If you have more cards for one bingo game, you have more chance of having a winning card. ...
- Be prepared and focus. ...
- Avoid rush hours. ...
- Connect with other players. ...
- Granville strategy. ...
- Tippett strategy.
Bingo Cash is the FREE Classic Bingo game to win real cash based on bingo skills! You can compete Bingo Skills with other players anytime & anywhere to win real cash in this cash app! Travel around the world, play in the thrilling 1V1 Bingo tournament, exercise your Bingo skill, win real money & real-life prizes!What is the best offline bingo game? ›
Best Overall Offline Bingo Game: AE Bingo
Free download for Android, iOS, and Amazon tablets. Customize your bingo daubers and cards.
- Tombola – Overall Best Bingo Sites To Win Real Money; User-Friendly.
- Gala Bingo – Top Website To Play Bingo Online For Beginners.
- Sun Bingo – Biggest Bonuses On Online Bingo Games.
- Buzz Bingo – Popular Bingo Site To Play Fun Games & Make Money.
A fixed Jackpot is a set prize amount that is always available, no matter how many times it has already been won. To win a fixed Jackpot, players must clear all their numbers for the Full House within a specified number of calls.What bingo numbers are called the most? ›
|1. Tom Mix||6|
|3. Winnie the Pooh||42|
|4. Turn on the screw||62|
|5. Danny La Rue||52|
|6. Tweak of the thumb||51|
Here are a bunch of awesome free Bingo games for Android.
- Bingo Abradoodle. Abradoodle. ...
- Bingo---Free Bingo Games. ...
- Bingo Bash. ...
- Bingo Blaze. ...
- Bingo Blast. ...
- Bingo by IGG. ...
- Bingo Blitz. ...
- Bingo Gem Rush.
How To Play Bingo Online | Beginners - YouTubeHow do you play absolute bingo? ›
Bingo is played on a 5x5 grid with numbers 5 across and 5 down. Each grid square contains a letter and a number. Match any 5 numbers across, down, or diagonal and call bingo to win! Try it out!Does blackout bingo pay real money? ›
While Blackout Bingo is like many Bingo for money games where your winnings can result in bonus cash that is used to advance in your games, it also offers real cash games. Many players begin slowly, playing for fun with the bonus cash, and after improving their skills give the real competitions a chance.
What is cash app bingo? ›
Description. Bingo Cash™ is where a true classic and real cash prizes meet. Jump into a world of brain-teasing fun, and leave with your heart filled with nostalgia and pockets filled with rewards. After downloading the game for FREE, you can start playing regular or cash tournaments and win real money.Does lucky bingo ball pay real cash? ›
Hit our jackpot by playing bingo games free to play! You will receive big rewards by playing Bingo games, Spin games, Lotto, Bingo clash, and win real cash. Simple and fun!Is Solitaire cash legit? ›
Is Solitaire Cash legit? Yes. Solitaire Cash is the number two card game app in the App Store, with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars from more than 88,000 iOS users. The app was created by Papaya Gaming, which has over 4 million downloads of its apps worldwide.How does Bingo Clash pay? ›
Bingo Clash pays real money and is transparent with the rules. So, you know what you're paying for when you buy credits. Developed by Avia Games Inc, Bingo Clash is a legit game that pays real money with good strategy. After you win some credits or money, Bingo Clash pays money using PayPal.Is online bingo fixed? ›
While you can't see the balls being drawn in real life, we use a RNG to pick the numbers for each bingo game, so they are fair. Playing bingo online and playing it in a land based club are pretty much the same. Every player has a ticket and marks off the numbers on the ticket as they are called.What are the odds of winning bingo? ›
Overall, there is approximately a 50 percent chance that one card will require at most 41 calls to complete a Bingo, and approximately a 90 percent chance to complete a Bingo in at most 54 calls, the researchers conclude.How do you win lucky six? ›
Players choose 6 different numbers from 48 in total. 35 numbers are randomly generated. If 6 numbers chosen by the player are among these 35, the player wins.What is the lucky number in bingo? ›
There are some numbers which are famous for being “lucky”, for example, lucky number 7. In fact, according to statistics, the number which most players choose when playing the lottery number is 11 followed by lucky number 7.How can I be lucky at bingo? ›
- Use the Perfect Amount of Cards. One of the ways to win bingo is to increase your chances. ...
- Prepare For the Game. ...
- Play Smaller Games. ...
- Consider Probability Theories. ...
- Pick a Range of Bingo Cards. ...
- Choose Your Seat Wisely. ...
- Make a Budget. ...
- Highlight Special Winning Patterns.
The minimum number of called numbers is five (four if each number is under "N") although it is not considered Breaking the Bubble or possible until one number in each column or four/five numbers in a single column have been called.
How do you make money on Bingo Blitz? ›
- Daily Bonuses.
- Daily Spins.
- Daily Freebies in the Gift Store.
- Playing Bingo rounds.
- Complete rooms.
- Complete quests and maps.
- Complete mini-games.
How to Make Bingo Cards - YouTubeWhat bingo game is like Bingo Blitz? ›
The best alternative is SlotWiz, which is free. Other BINGO Blitz like games are Halloween Bonus Slots, Fruit Slot Casino, Pharaoh's Pyramid Slots and Casino World Slots.Is Bingo Blitz really free? ›
Join millions of players worldwide and experience your free online bingo game as you never have before, while going on an online bingo games adventure, in Bingo Blitz.Can you play online bingo? ›
Many of our members prefer playing online bingo as it offers the same excitement of bingo in a club, but you can do it anytime, anywhere.How do you play bongo bingo? ›
HOW TO PLAY BINGO BANGO BONGO - YouTubeWhat are the different bingo patterns? ›
- 1 Line. This is one of the three standard bingo patterns and the easiest to achieve. ...
- 2 Lines. Just as with 1 line, the 2 lines pattern is used in every game of bingo. ...
- Full House. ...
- Four Corners. ...
- Letters and Numbers. ...
- Top Middle Bottom Line. ...
- Outside Edge. ...
- Any Four Numbers.
Bingo Caller is suitable for calling, tracking and displaying BINGO numbers for BINGO games. The controls are simple so even low-tech users can use it. You can tap a button to pick a random number, or you can tap a specific ball if you have another method for selecting numbers, such as a spinning wire cage.What are the different types of bingo games? ›
- The Different Types of Bingo Game. 30 Ball (Speed Bingo) ...
- 30 Ball AKA 'Speed Bingo' This uses the least numbers of all, hence the name 'speed bingo. ...
- 75 Ball Bingo. ...
- 80 Ball Bingo. ...
- 90 Ball Bingo. ...
- Bingo is Bingo.
Any site with a licence from the Gambling Commission has to have its random number generator independently tested by regulatory bodies. If the bingo site which you're playing on uses one of these RNGs, you can be sure that you're playing a fair game and that the bingo balls aren't fixed against you.
Is online bingo fixed? ›
While you can't see the balls being drawn in real life, we use a RNG to pick the numbers for each bingo game, so they are fair. Playing bingo online and playing it in a land based club are pretty much the same. Every player has a ticket and marks off the numbers on the ticket as they are called.How do you get a high score on bingo cash? ›
When you play bingo for money, the details matter. The quicker you mark a number after it's called, the better. You will get bonuses if you do it fast enough, as well as additional boosts. Plus, the quicker you're able to get through numbers, the more likely you are to stack up bingos, boosts, and points.Is tombola fixed? ›
How do I know it is not fixed? All results on tombola are randomly generated and cannot be predetermined - we use an industry standard Random Number Generator to determine the outcome of each game.Is it safe to play online bingo? ›
How is a bingo site regulated? Only legitimate bingo sites have a gambling licence, and becoming accredited can take a lot of time and effort. A licence also means much more than offering real money prizes; it shows that the site and its technology are safe and secure for customers.Can you rig bingo? ›
However, it's no ordinary game of Bingo. Between every spin, players can rig the game. You may weight the balls, change their sizes, and alter the numbers. You can even bribe the Bingo Caller to adjust the cage so that the ball you want comes out first (well, if your payout is more attractive than the other guy's).Can bingo halls cheat? ›
You can convince the caller to cheat by choosing the numbers that you need, create your own counterfeit bingo cards, or swap cards with an elderly player who might not notice what you have done. Bingo halls have seen it all, so they have policies in place that make even these forms of cheating virtually impossible.How do online bingo sites work? ›
Online bingo and land-based bingo is played by crossing off the numbers you have on your tickets when they are called out. If you want to know how to win bingo, then all you need to do is cross off all your numbers before anyone else. The type of bingo game you are playing decides how many numbers are on your ticket.Is Tombola a gamble? ›
Tombola is a British online gambling company which operates the largest online bingo website in Europe. The company produces original bingo software and games, created by an in-house development team, and is one of the largest employers of game and web developers in the north east of England.How does bingo at home app work? ›
The "Bingo at Home" app is a bingo caller to play bingo at home, among family or friends. When a bingo game starts, the app begins to call the bingo balls. The game can be paused and restarted as needed, for example, to check if the line or bingo is correct, to check all the numbers already called, etc.How do you pick a lucky bingo card? ›
The Tippett Theory
For example, if there are 99 bingo balls in play, and it's a short game, choose cards with numbers closer to 1 and 99. If it's a long game, choose numbers that are closer to the median number, 45.
How do you score high in Blackout bingo? ›
Blackout Bingo | How to Win - YouTubeHow do you win pocket 7games? ›
How to Win in Explodocube on Pocket7Games - YouTubeCan you win big on tombola? ›
Many of our games also have a set Jackpot, which means it remains the same at all times, so there's always a chance to win big no matter what time of day you play. If you do wish to play for the bigger prizes, it's always worth checking out our bingo promotions where prizes are boosted during peak and off-peak times.How do you beat the tombola bubble? ›
In our pop theme, it's all about connecting 5 or more of the same coloured bubbles in a cluster to win a prize. Connect 9 or more red bubbles horizontally or vertically to win a Top Prize of up to £500.Is it easy to win on tombola? ›
Many Trustpilot reviews state it is hard to win on this site. The games at Tombola include the mainstays such as 75-ball and 90-ball online bingo plus Bingo 80. There are also all sorts of other games with the opportunity to win cars and holidays as well as cash.